2015 is going to be a great year for me. I am getting married which is the most exciting part and with that I am going to get healthy and diet. One thing I know I need to change is my eating habits. Being a blogger, I sit most a lot of time and work which leads me to make bad eating decisions. I made a list of all the “good” snack food which is a lot of fruit including Sunsweet Prunes.
There are many reasons why prunes are great for a healthy diet, check a few of them out below:
- Sunsweet®prunes and juices are an easy fix to help you stick with your healthy eating resolutions for 2015.
- PlumSmart® Light: This juice is made from a special variety of fresh, juicy plums and has only 60 calories and 15g of carbs, and helps you stay fit on the inside by providing a good source of fiber. PlumSmart Light is a great addition to a smoothie.
- Amaz!n™ Prunes: These little gems are a good source of fiber for only 100 calories per serving. Amaz!n Prunes are nature’s perfect way to feel good with nutrition and delicious taste. Prunes also have a low glycemic index, which means they keep you feeling fuller longer. They add a powerful boost of nutrition and fiber to snack time or your favorite recipe.
- Amaz!n™ Diced Prunes: Grab a handful of these delicious diced prunes for nutritious snacking. Toss them in cereal, oatmeal, salad or your favorite recipes for added flavor and fiber. One serving of Amaz!n Diced Prunes is a good source of fiber for only 100 calories. Add to your favorite snacking recipe for extra fiber and a fruit flavor boost.
- Studies suggest thefollowingpositiveeffectsfrom certain nutrients in prunes:
- Bone Health: Prunes may promote healthy bones. Dr. Bahram H. Arjmandi of Florida State University says, “Dried plums (prunes) are the most bone-friendly fruit that I have seen in decades. They are nature’s solution to maintaining good bone health.” Dr. Arjmandi hypothesizes that the many compounds and nutrients contained in prunes, such as vitamin K, potassium, copper and boron, likely work synergistically to have this positive effect. Additional research is currently being conducted to learn more about prunes and bone health.
- Potassium: Potassium may help prevent hypertension and stroke and play a role in helping support cell energy by regulating fluid balance, nerve impulses and muscle contraction to increase energy.
- Fiber: A diet containing foods with fiber can replace fats and sweets, and contributes to heart health.
- Regularity: A fiber rich diet may contribute to maintaining a consistent digestive tract which helps lead to improved digestive health.
Eating healthy can a bit of a challenge, but with the proper food and recipe the possibilities are endless. Last night I had a sweet tooth and really want a warm oatmeal raisin cookies, but that is not on my diet so I decided to make a Oatmeal Raisin Smoothie. It turned out fantastic. Sweet, healthy and made with real healthy food.
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1½ tbsp Sunsweet Light Prune Juice
- Large handful of spinach leaves
- ½ fresh banana, chopped
- 3 Sunsweet dried prunes
- 2 tbsp of toasted oats
- Few sprinkles of cinnamon
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Add everything into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and Enjoy 🙂
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.