I love copycat recipes. I get the taste of a restaurant in the comfort of my home, and at a price that my wallet doesn’t mind! Olive Garden is one of my favorite places to go, but the closest one is an hour away (one way!), so it isn’t really convenient! If you and your hubby enjoy wine, you can make this copycat Olive Garden toasted ravioli and enjoy wine without worrying about driving home!
This is an easy ravioli recipe, you can use a homemade ravioli or store bought. I like buying them made for a quick, easy meal and since you are making them at home, they are automatically homemade ravioli by default.
How to Make Toasted Ravioli
Here’s what you’ll need: thawed meat ravioli or homemade ravioli, eggs, water, garlic salt, flour, breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, and grated parmesan cheese for garnishing.
Heat oil to 350 degrees. Dip each ravioli in the flour, then the egg wash, and finally in the bread crumbs. Set it on a plate for 3 – 5 minutes, and then fry it just until golden. Put it on a rack or on paper towels to drain, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve with marinara!
Pretty easy peezy! Theses are great snacks in movie night or as a ravioli appetizer.
- 16 oz package thawed Meat Ravioli
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- Grated Parmesan (for garnish)
- Beat water with eggs together.
- In another bowl, combine oregano, basil, garlic salt and bread crumbs.
- Place flour in a third bowl.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip each ravioli in flour then in egg wash and finally in bread crumbs and set on plate for 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully place in oil and fry until golden.
- Place on rack or paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with you marinara sauce.