I’m pretty sure chocolate and caramel can make ANYTHING better! If you don’t already love monkey bread, you will now! Growing up I used to go to the cabin with my grandma and she always maked a monkey bread with me. We made it in a muffin pan instead a bundt cake. This easy monkey bread recipe is so delicious, and you probably have everything on hand!
How to Make Monkey Bread
You’ll need two cans of Pillsbury biscuits, sugar, cinnamon, butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and a Ziploc bag so that you can get the pieces coated, and of course caramel sauce to drizzle.
First you’ll want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While you’re waiting, spray a bundt cake with cooking spray and prep the bread.
Prep the bread by cutting the biscuit into 8 pieces and putting 3 chocolate chips in each little piece.
Mix together the cinnamon and sugar, and dump it into a Ziploc bag. Put the biscuit pieces in there too, and shake the bag until the pieces are coated. Once they’ve got all the cinnamon sugar mixture on them, put them in the bundt pan.
Once you’ve done that, combine the butter and brown sugar until melted and combined. Once it is a brownish color, pour it into the pan with the biscuits and put in the oven for about 40 minutes. (The center will still be jiggly.)
After about five minutes, put a serving plate on top of the pan, and flip the pan to get the bread out. You might have to lightly tap the sides of the pan to loosen it. You can drizzle with the caramel sauce, and sprinkle chocolate chips for a finishing touch!
- 2 Cans of Pillsbury biscuits.
- 1 C sugar
- 4 TBS cinnamon
- 1 C
- ½ C brown sugar, packed
- 1 bag chocolate chips
Ziplockbag for coating the biscuit pieces.
- Caramel sauce to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bundt cake pan with
pamspray. Set aside.
- Cut the biscuit into 8 pieces and place aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon and mix.
- Take each piece of the cut dough and flatten out so that you can add in chocolate chips. About 3 chips per dough.
- Roll into a ball and set aside until all pieces are done.
- Add into the ziplock bag with the sugar and cinnamon. Shake bag until all pieces are coated.
- Spray pan with
pamspray until coated.
- Put the biscuits into the pan.
- In a small
sauce pan, combine the butter and brown sugar. mixuntil melted and combined. You're looking for a brown color.
- Pour into pan with biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, pull it out. The center will still be jiggly.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before
placethe serving plate on top of the pan and flipping the pan.
- Lightly tap the sides of the pan to loosen the monkey bread.
- Once the monkey bread is out and onto the place.
drizzlecaramel sauce and chocolate chips.